You’re lost for words…
But I can find them for you
Hi, I’m Abi a copywriter and messaging buff for coaches and creative business owners.
My clients operate from a place of integrity. Good people who want to do good in the world. Heart-led, often neurodivergent, always busy.
I help them untangle their messaging and write them clear, relateable copy so they can promote their business, get more clients, make more sales and love the way all of that feels.
You’ve tried everything to figure this stuff out
Followed all the social accounts, saved all those valuable posts, bought the courses, read the books (well, half-read the books). You took the workshops, joined the memberships, travelled halfway around the country to get to the events and still…you can’t figure out what to say or how to say it.
Nothing seems to work – and why is that?
The answer is really simple. You’ve been searching for something, but you already have it. You don’t need to figure your messaging out anymore – you need someone to shine a mirror back at you and say:
“THIS has been your message all along. I’ll take it and turn it into gorgeous, relatable copy
so we can get that message in front of the people who need it”.
See that right there ☝🏼? That’s what I do for you.
Would you pull your own teeth?
If you had a toothache, would you put yourself through the misery and agony of doing your own dentistry?
No, of course not. And sometimes writing your own website, or untangling your messaging is just as painful.
I should know. It took me nearly five years to get it right and I’ve got 25 years experience of sales and marketing, and a degree in creative writing. I hated my own marketing and promotion so much that I nearly packed it all in because I lost myself in my race to succeed the ‘right way’.
It took working with industry experts to get it sorted once and for all (which isn’t actually true – your message and branding will always evolve. Even in small ways).
Abi Sea, the flip flop queen
I love a pair of flip-flops just as much as the next person, but it’s not footwear I’m talking about.
My messaging was so out of alignment with who I am and what I loved doing that I kept flipping and flopping between services and niches.
Head-banging frustration is what followed.
My marketing was inconsistent, my message was confusing as hell. Nobody really knew what I did and so they couldn’t recommend me, never mind book me.
As a result, my income suffered, but my mental health and sense of self suffered so much more.
I wouldn’t say I hit rock bottom, but I did once ask the local chippy if they were looking for extra staff…. a brief moment of madness, don’t worry!
What saved me, was someone like me!
Clarity is an extremely rare gift to receive.
A quick scroll through Instagram will show you the difference between those who have it, and those who don’t.
I spent so much time trying to get it by following other people’s paths that I lost sight of myself and my whole business. Working with an expert was what it took to get it back.
Somehow in the panic to succeed I forgot what sets me apart: my integrity, my values and my decades of experience in this area.
I’ve worked with hundreds of coaches and creative business owners to get clarity on messaging and to write copy that makes their heart sing. I’m bloody good at it, and I pride myself on that every day.
And now for the quick fire round…
1. I have ADHD and I’m in perimenopause with 2 teenage kids. Fun!
2. I can’t stand coriander, cucumber or melon.
3. I met my husband in 1997. He was supposed to be a ‘winter fling’!
4. I love watching & reading historical fiction. I can see myself wafting over a moody moor looking for trouble.
5. I’m constantly changing my hair style & colour
6. As I get older, I’m enjoying slowing down and exploring a softer, more spiritual side of my personality. Much needed after decades of BIG Abi energy!
6) I tried to cure my fear of flying by doing a solo parachute jump. I broke my arm on the way out of the plane and landed 10 square miles away from the landing spot, face down in a cornfield. Weirdly, I’m no longer scared of flying.
7) Neon colours make my mouth water. I had to resist sinking my teeth into the kids’ brand-new pots of day-glow play dough back in the day.
8) It took me 40 years to figure out what I wanted to do for a living. I tried so many different jobs for size and paid attention to the bits that I loved. The result? The very best training I could have to do this work, now for people like you.
9) I love, love, LOVE Prince. If a song of his comes on the radio while we’re eating tea I declare a dance break and we stop eating to strut our tiny, purple thangs while it’s on.
10) If it was a life-or-death situation I’d pick: trees over sea, cheese over chocolate and sunsets over sunrises every time (but I’d rather have them all, thank you very much).